Cemeteries and Burial Sites
If you are interested in cemetery/burial site details such as GPS coordinates, when it was established, photos of the cemetery entrances, historical background including name changes through the years, additional sources of information on the cemetery, etc., the following book is highly recommended and is available to purchase.
- Bowley, Stephen. Guelph and Wellington County Cemeteries and Burial Sites. Wellington County Branch, OGS, 2015. p. 215.
If you want to find out if one of your ancestors is buried in a cemetery in Wellington County, please go to the Ontario Genealogical Society website and do a search using The Ontario Name Index (TONI) search engine. The Wellington County Branch has transcribed all the markers in Wellington County and the names are on the TONI index. Publications are available to purchase through the OGS e-store (digital downloads), or by mail through our branch publications order form.
Cemeteries Index and Maps
The cemetery and burial sites below are listed by the current municipal boundaries (their former Township designation is also listed). Each listing contains a link to a PDF file that contains the following information: cemetery/burial site name with more information where available, the cemetery ID if known, and its civic address. Each index also includes a Google Map with the cemetery location.
- Centre Wellington – includes Nichol, Pilkington, and West Garafraxa Townships, Elora and Fergus
- City of Guelph – includes part of Guelph Township
- Guelph-Eramosa Township – includes Rockwood
- Mapleton – includes Maryborough and Peel Townships, Alma, Drayton, and Rothsay
- Town of Erin – includes Erin Township, Erin and Hillsburgh
- Town of Minto – includes Minto Township, Clifford, Harriston, and Palmerston
- Township of Puslinch
- Wellington North – includes Arthur & West Luther Townships, Arthur and Mount Forest
- Dufferin County – includes some cemeteries that were once part of Wellington